Nautilus Montessori School offers your 2-6 year old child a full-day or half-day school experience.
We are proud to provide your child a preschool / kindergarten educational program that includes :
- Lead teacher with Masters Degree in Education & California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, AMS Primary Teaching Diploma,and over 40 years of professional experience
- seasoned, knowledgeable teachers
- safe/cozy home environment
- social interaction between children of different ages reflecting the real world
- maximum 1:7 teacher to student ratio with individual care and attention.
- strong academic focus on Language Arts, Math and Critical Thinking
- rich curriculum of Science, Arts and History
- Peace Education
- Formal Music Education
- practice in character development & social graces
- reinforcement of independent thinking and self reliance
- comprehensive Montessori materials
- extensive supplemental materials
- new education units & materials every 6 weeks
- well maintained outdoor play space & commercial indoor toys
- Casual Spanish conversation
Excerpts from an article entitled, "The Montessori Mafia" by Peter Sims, Wall Street Journal ( April 5, 2011)
...the Montessori educational approach might be the surest route to joining the creative elite, which are so overrepresented by the school’s alumni that one might suspect a Montessori Mafia: Google’s founders Larry Page and Sergei Brin, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, videogame pioneer Will Wright, and Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales, not to mention Julia Child and rapper Sean “P.Diddy” Combs.
Will Wright, inventor of bestselling “The Sims” videogame series, heaps similar praise. “Montessori taught me the joy of discovery,” Mr. Wright said, “It’s all about learning on your terms, rather than a teacher explaining stuff to you. SimCity comes right out of Montessori…”
By the end of kindergarten, among 5-year-olds, “Montessori students proved to be significantly better prepared for elementary school in reading and math skills than the non-Montessori children,” according to the researchers. “They also tested better on “executive function,” the ability to adapt to changing and more complex problems, an indicator of future school and life success.”